Field-Installable Upgrade Kit for DAC2 HGC and DAC2 L
(Not compatible with the DAC2 DX or DAC2 D)
Version 2.2 is designed to make your DAC2 HGC and DAC2 L manufactured before 6/22/2016 easier to use. This upgrade makes the user interface on the DAC2 HGC and DAC2 L resemble that of the DAC3.
The revised user interface is more responsive to user commands and it is more compatible with automation systems. A new AUTO-ON function allows automatic startup using a switched AC source. The DIM function has been improved so that DIM always reduces the volume by 20 dB from any volume control setting. The volume control setting is stored in nonvolatile memory and is recalled when unit is turned on. The DIM state (DIM on or DIM off) is also stored in memory.
New features in Version 2.2:
- Eliminated STANDBY mode (confusing feature which caused difficulties with automation systems).
- One press to turn on or off (simplifies remote control and automation).
- Added AUTO-ON function to allow compatibility with switched AC.
- Added automatic storage of last non-dimmed volume setting, recalled upon power up.
- Set DIM at 20 dB less than last non-dimmed volume setting.
- Improved gain tracking between analog and digital inputs.
- Max gain in all digital modes is now equal.
- Unit will not enter DIM in response to a rotation of the volume control.
- Unit will exit DIM if DIM volume is raised above last non-dimmed volume setting.
- Servo does not make fine adjustments when digital inputs are active (this makes servo action quicker and quieter).
- Added second volume control look up table. By default, software is designed to be used with the 2016 DAC2 boards which are calibrated to +24 dBu at 0 dBFS. By adding a jumper to P1 on the control board, the software can be used with pre-2016 boards which are calibrated to +23 dBu at 0 dBFS. When properly configured, analog and digital sources should be reproduced at the same level (assuming the RCA input is 2 VRMS at 0 dBFS). The 2016 boards will produce 2 VRMS at 0 dBFS. Pre 2016 boards were 1 dB lower.
- DIM state is stored in memory. Recalled upon power up.
- In AUTO-ON mode, DIM and MUTE are disabled on power up.
- Starting with the unit off, press and hold POWER button for 3 seconds to activate AUTO-ON mode.
- Starting with the unit on, press and hold POWER button for 3 seconds to deactivate AUTO-ON mode. Unit will power down if successfully canceled.
- When AUTO-ON mode is active, any attempt to turn the unit off will MUTE the audio. The front-panel POWER button will toggle MUTE on and off when AUTO-ON is active.
- Software chip
If you are located in a country served by our distributor network, you may not be able to order directly from our store. If the checkout option is not available, you will need to call or email our customer service department to order your kit.
DAC2 HGC and DAC2 L - V2.2 Upgrade Instructions and Release Notes (PDF)
DAC2 HGC and DAC2 L - V2.2 Manual Addendum (PDF)
DAC2 HGC and DAC2 L - V2.2 Full Manual (PDF)
Note: The upgrade is not downloadable because it requires the installation of a memory module and a jumper plug. Installation time is less than 10 min.