Use this tool to convert between power sensitivity and voltage sensitivity
- Speaker Power Sensitivity is specified as: dB SPL (1 watt, 1 meter)
- Speaker Voltage Sensitivity is specified as: dB SPL (2.83 V, 1 meter)
These values will be identical for 8-Ohm speakers, but they will be different at other impedances.
- 1 Watt into an 8-Ohm speaker will require 2.83 volts.
- 1 Watt into a 4-Ohm speaker will require just 2 volts.
- The ratio between 2.83 volts and 2 volts is 3.01 dB.
This means that if a 4-Ohm and and 8-Ohm speaker have identical efficiencies, the 4-Ohm speaker will play 3.01 dB louder with a given voltage.